Wednesday 28 January 2009

26th Anniversary

I really want to find time to post to this diary site but things get so busy...
What a fun and typical anniversary! We got up at 5am, Dave earlier. I had a great chorizo and egg breakfast at the airport and we took off on Southwest by 7am. On the last possible day I qualified for the A-List. Hallelujah! Spent 2 hours in the Albuquerque airport working and took off for Orlando. The stewardess in the back asked if we were going to the Super Bowl. I told her what I was doing. She instantly reacted with a bless the Lord. So I gave her a card. Instantly she asked me to give a card to her coworker, which I did. The coworker said when we disembarked that she would definitely check out my website. I've got to get more cards. This is an opportunity that God is presenting to me that I need to pay attention to and think about daily.

Dollar once again didn't accept Dave as a free second driver. This is becoming tiresome. But we were quickly on the road and beating the rush hour traffic to Ft Myers. Dave drove. I prayed (not for his driving). We had a romantic dinner in Punta Gorda (did I lecture here last year?) at the Fisherman's Village with a view of the water. Split a dozen plump tasty oysters some of the best we've had. Then scallops, sweet coleslaw and tasty fries. Ah what a treat. Arrived at the LaQuinta around 8pm. I've been working since arrival and it's now 10:30 and time for bed. It was a lovely day, and Dave gave me the greatest card. He's such a love. He's already in bed asleep, which I should be soon. A marriage made in heaven, literally. We gave gratitude today again for God bringing us together.

No comments: