Sunday 15 March 2009

Feedback from chat

Dear Elise:

Just finished dinner while listening to your recent audio chat on spirituality.com. Those chats are such good company while eating. Love them!

Your visit with Rosalie Dunbar was so tender and perceptive. I think the spiritual preparation and prayer you put into the broadcast was most apparent, and I know it blessed, and will continue to bless many people, besides give them some excellent ideas to put into practice (focus on NOW and Ps. 37 which were meaningful to me).

Sharon may have told you this, but when we went through class, Bill Lee had an old fashioned alarm clock standing on his desk. Each hour was covered with colorful clips from magazines/newspapers saying "NOW." In other words...no past, no future, but only the everpresent now.

I think how that concept has helped me over the past 30 years since my husband said he didn't love me anymore and wanted out of the marriage. What was one of the most heartbreaking and devastating blows in my life required me to grow even closer to God. While progressing our of fear and a lack of confidence, came the opportunity to develop a meaningful and wonderful business career, post-grad education, and fabulous experiences and friendships that never would have come about otherwise. My children have gone on to have successful marriages and precious families as well. "Loss IS gain."

Thank you for your continued support on the subject of companionship. Interestingly enough, over the past three days, three separate people have mentioned that they wanted me to meet someone they knew who is single.. That hasn't occurred much over these years at all. I was just thrilled to know people were thinking of me as a potential "friend" for someone they knew!! That's evidence of the prayer in action! We'll see what unfolds.

My recent payment is in the mail. Much love and gratitude for your dedication and inspiration.

xoxo
Sue S.

No comments: