Thursday 4 June 2009

Practical use of I Chronicles 28:21

In April we bought a home. I had mixed feelings about moving because we had truly enjoyed our 10 years there.We had a large piece of property to maintain and it seemed time to find a place that met our present needs.

Because the move was only 4 miles,and there was work to be done to get our home ready for selling, we decided to move a little each day. Also, I needed to separate a lot of things to be taken to different places.

About this time I remembered a Bible verse from I Chronicles 28:21 "and there shall be with thee for all manner of workmanship every willing skillful man,f or any manner of service."

What a promise!

So after we moved things we could handle our son helped us move some heavy items. Then my brother-in-law and his brother came up for a week and did many repairs at the property. They also emptied out barns and garages and made several trips to the dump and recycle center. About the the same time a dear friend was having an estate sale and I was able to take many items there and also help out at the sale.

Then my 2 brother-in laws came up and helped for a weekend. My brother came down and took some things he needed.T hen a friend sent a computer "geek" over to install our electronics. A few days later a neighbor came over when he saw us trying to carry in a heavy piece of furniture and lent a hand. During our first few weeks there another neighbor sent their lawn service over to cut our grass. My son and his wife have been helping us get our pool set up because they used to work in that capacity.

On Mother's Day our AC compressor burnt up before we were able to pay for the home warranty, so my husband called an AC man he knew and the next day we had a new unit. We also had an old work truck for sale that he wanted, so we traded it out.

A week ago family members built bookshelves in my very own office!!!! And this week there is some one here organizing our garage and making a few more changes we needed done.

This Bible verse, this promise,"there shall be with thee every willing skillful (wo)man" continues to bless us all!!

Much love---Nancy

No comments: