Wednesday 10 June 2009

Spanish website

Definitely steps, to me big ones. There were many Pentecostal moments for me at this Annual Meeting. One was when Skip was announced as President. It felt like a 20 year journey had finally come full circle, closed the book, and we could truly move on. The theme of one accord took on a whole new significance for me in that moment. It was a Pentecostal moment.

Another was when you asked me to write a letter/proposal for an all-things Spanish website. It gives me such hope. I want to consult with my friends in the Spanish world to give a truly considered and realistic idea. As you might remember, I teach in June so if you will permit me, let me focus entirely on class and Association for the next 3 weeks. Then in July I'll focus on this project for a week and see what God reveals.

I've been thinking of several phrases. One is that we are preaching/promoting/demonstrating the Word of God. We aren't selling products or giving lectures per se. We are preaching, embodying the Word of God for the glory of God. Then it has all the power of God behind it. I've been thinking about a phrase, do more for less, meaning we can all do more with less money. It's not a matter of money but revelation. The more revelation, the less money it seems to take. I'm also thinking the revolution of revelation, and being the embodiment of that. Enough prosaics.

It's very comforting to have you in the lecture meetings at TMC. It makes us feel connected to the Board and to the Church. It's a tremendous commitment of your time, and it makes us all feel like we are a priority in that moment. Thank you for that, Nate. You are a towering shining light and you fan the spark of hope into a burning fire.

No comments: