Wednesday 3 June 2009

Twitter posts helpful

Thanks for the Helen Keller post yesterday. I had read it earlier in the day and had been thinking a lot about what was the one thing I could do. After contemplating the one thing I could could do (know that God WAS in control no matter what or how things seemed to be) I had a phone call from a friend. She was hysterical, felt that God had turned HIS back on her and her family, didn't want to live any longer, etc. She said that she had called a cs practitioner for the umpteenth time, but that once again, she just couldn't find peace - that CS didn't work for her - maybe for others, but not for her.

I knew that the practitioner's prayers had been effective, and I prayed to know what, if anything, to say. The first thing that came to me was YOU, LORIE, DO THE ONE THING YOU CAN DO RIGHT NOW - KNOW THAT GOD IS IN CONTROL! And yes, the message came in capital letters! It was so simple - one thing, only one thing! And that one thing was not requiring anything of me except to confirm what I already knew. I could do that, and I did.

The second thing I thought of came from a day of class where you addressed those exact words - that cs works for others but not for me. I then gave a treatment (to myself) for AM. Thank you again for last year's address re treatment for oneself vs treatment for another. It's been getting more and more clear this year - the immediate need is to treat my own thought first!!!! And it's true, when I address my own thought, sometimes it's not necessary to address another. (OK, you know this, I'm letting you know that I'm getting it on a deeper level!)

At the end of the conversation I mentioned this twitter posting to my friend and sent it to her. She wrote back later in the evening and said that for the first time, she felt an indescribable sense of peace and well-being!!!! She said that she COULD hold on to one thing, and her thought was that God loved her and that He was directing her path.

Please know, Elise, that these postings are really appreciated and helping me and others! I've introduced at least 5 others to your postings, and who knows how many others they have in turn introduced.
xo
Lorie

No comments: