Thursday 18 September 2008

Doggie door incident

Annie, our secretary, took her lunch onto the patio in our adsence to enjoy the lovely afternoon. The charlie bar dropped into place and her cellphone and keys were inside. The house was now completely locked and we were out for a couple hours. AFter she ate lunch, read the Bible lesson and we till weren't home, she did the only thing she could think of. She wriggled in through the doggie door. Now this was not an easy feat. I can't imagine how she made it. When I invited her to join me this afternoon on the patio she texted me back, No way! Still laughing.

Had a lovely walk at Radnor today. We ate lunch on the back patio of my favorite restaurant, Calypso Cafe. Got all the flights scheduled for the lectures through mid-March. Fixed the website home page. Getting Shannon at TMC to update all my press releases. Scheduled Mexico City for 3 lectures and Ciudad Victoria came up with a great new title for one of my Spanish lectures, El poder del Amor vence la violencia. The schedule is now full and it's Sept 18. I've been turning down churches for a month now protecting the time when I'm lecturing in Australia/New Zealand. But just turned down two I'd love to have done, a Spanish lecture in Chicago and a lectures series in Seattle. Another year perhaps.

It's 11:15pm and actually I've gotten all the work done that I needed to do today. Amazing. How often do I go to bed just calling it quits instead of having finished everything.

At the lecturers' meeting in Chicago they asked me how I did all I do. My first answer was giving full credit to David for taking care of everything at the house which frees me up tremendously. Then the head of the lecture dept mentioned that I had a secretary. I have 2 in fact, both part time, but yes I couldn't possibly do what I do and their job as well. Some months it's like having 1 full time person, they work that many hours combined. But actually the truth is, I have no idea how everything comes together. It's a miracle and it's God at work. I pray and know that God is in charge and God is truly the divine power governing every thought and action, and to the degree that I reflect God and express God, to that degree the right things get done at the right time. I do need to watch wasting time, too much technology, too much putzing with what is not as important as prayer and healing. Maybe I feel like this week I spent so much time reworking my website, starting the new Google groups for the Association and for the lecture chairs. But now that it's done, it sure is nice. Maybe it wasn't putzing but deeper Bible study, revealings from God and healing sure seem more satisfying and important.

Onward and upward!

No comments: