Tuesday 23 September 2008

Warm custard

I'm staying in a small Christian Science retirement community called Rockhaven in Glastonbury. It's comprised of one bedroom patio homes. So here I am this morning praying for patients when the doorbell rings. It's one of the ladies from the lecture prep last night with a bowl of homemade custard still warm and homemade split pea soup (my favorite!) with crackers. I've never in all my life had someone bring me homemade goodies to the door. I had a few spoonfuls of warm custard with nutmeg baked and crackling on the top. Oh my. This is life. I won't need to go out for lunch. Oh leave me here.

Last night Pat Robertson, the lecture chair, and I went for coffee at Starbucks. She'd never been but was game. Turns out she worked for Mary Trammell for years as her assistant. Has worked for The Mother Church, Principia, Longyear and other places since 1945. We have lots of friends in common. What a delight she is! Candid, insightful (one of the qualities she mentioned at the meeting), delightful.

No comments: