Tuesday 2 September 2008

It works!

In a previous post, we took our neighbors to Chaffins Barn. At dinner, Gary talked about taking a fall while running. He said on the way down he knew this was going to be bad. He damaged his shoulder and it took months to heal. He was just getting back to running. He was glad he could do it without surgery.

I talked to him about a healing I had while on the boat in the Galapagos. The boat had rocked out from under me and I'd tumbled down the stairs to the metal floor, landed in a heap. As I was going down, I'd declared, "God is right here." After I landed, I thought I'm upheld in the hand of God. I can't fall out of God's care, and I'm alright. Then I turned over and sat on the deck for awhile praying.

My ankle started to hurt, but I instantly rejected that. I thought again, "I'm held in the hand of God and am unfallen, upright, whole and free." This idea is from Science and Health by Mary Baker Eddy. In less than 10 minutes I was able to get up and walk on. My hand was sensitive for another day, but even that disappeared with no injury.

Gary stopped me this weekend and told me that he'd been running. He'd caught his foot and took a bad fall. On the way down, he remembered our conversation and mentally declared that he was alright and that God was there. That's as far as he went with it.

He said it was like a soft landing eventhough it was on cement. He said people came rushing over to help him. He stood up, brushed himself off, said he wasn't hurt and went on. He showed me a scrape on his knee. That was the only injury. He said, "It really worked." This was his first experience of turning to God and knowing that God was protecting him. He was happy and excited to tell me of the result of our little conversation over dinner.

Praise God!

No comments: