Friday 8 May 2009

Georgia's healing and NYC lecture

Dear Elise,
Can you imagine my joy opening the new May Christian Science Journal, right after our uplifting Sunday workshop and Monday night powerful lecture and then the extra gift of sharing supper and thoughts at the little Italian restaurnat (attended by the kind waiter, DAvid) and finding your wonderful "Up to Speed" experience about your car engine and church?!

Your words, "Church as a spiritual idea is a holy power permeating individual lives, transforming, saving and healing them." was exactly what you lifted me to focusing on. I am so grateful. Our church is so grateful.

You are a holy warrior for the goodness and power of God and the innocence of man. And the prayer that backed up both Sunday afternoon and Monday evening at our church is still being tangible felt by all of us.

I didn't realize until I went to bed last Monday night, after we'd parted in the rain, that I'd been freed of a crook in the neck that had kept me from turning my head to the right for about a week.

And on Wednesday night we had three people in church who had attended the lecture. One man got up and said it was the most spiritual and practical talk on prayer he had ever heard. He expressed profound gratitude for it.

And yesterday, Sunday, six people who'd never attended our church service showed up as well as about five attendees who only come once in a blue moon. That doubled our usual attendance (since the controversial church decision happened). I know the numbers isn't the thing to focus on! It's the feeling of fresh possibilities. Thank you.

Only two days hearing you speak and you left a profound inspiration on my life. I'll never forget.

And you've given fresh courage to a small gand of church workers in New York City.

With love,
Georgia

No comments: