Tuesday 5 May 2009

Rio Rancho

This was one too many lectures. I was done in after the whole sequel leading up to Ocala. And then I stayed outside at an outdoor restaurant bar until 9pm because I felt like relaxing and picked up a bit of a cold which wasn't noticed by Rio Rancho, but just added an element I didn't need. Prayer works though. Every time I woke up last night I thought about the phrase, "man has dominion over the earth." Very helpful.

Anyway, here I am at the airport and really glad this lecture year is over. I'm not wanting to do any long tours next year. And I'm going to watch how long I'm away from home before touching base with Dave. I just want an easier schedule after 4 pretty grueling years.

That said, the Rio Rancho people were pleased. They were talking about inviting me back and actually wanted to schedule something. But I wouldn't have that, until Annual Meeting and the announcement of lecturers.

Albuquerque is beautiful. Prettier than I remembered. If I come here again I'd like Dave to be with me and go up the tram together. The mountains looked beautiful but it's not fun doing it alone. I spent an hour at a local park, Kitt Carson park, along the Rio Grande just soaking in the sun. There was a woodpecker in the tree above me. I think a Downy, but I'll have to check the bird book when I get home.

No comments: