Sunday 19 April 2009

New York surprise

What a surprise! When I arrived at the Hilton Garden Hotel near JFK airport I was the guest of the day, which meant free dinner! I already had a free breakfast with the reservation. So I had fillet and a lovely salad with vegies. Ahhh, what a delight.

Stayed up way too late, but I was 3 hours off. So I went to bed at 11pm my time, have to shift around tomorrow. But I was listening to this delightful story by Susan Wittig Albert, Hawthorne House, read by this marvelous English actress. It was so charming, like a Beatrix Potter story, that I just kept saying to myself, one more chapter until it was all over. Such a sweet and satisfying story, charmingly read.

This morning, perfect adventure coming into the city, navigating Jamaica Station. Easier since we've done it before when we went to Egypt. No problems in Penn Station ,but it is way bigger than I thought it would be, mammoth in fact. Have to go early for my train to Delaware. Now at HI Express. A delightful concierge has let me set up in their breakfast room with electric plug for my computer and all. So I'll get to pray and work for patients before leaving for the prep in an hour or so. Truly harmonious.

No comments: