Saturday 25 April 2009

Portsmouth visit

The drive down was long and lovely. Since I sat for long periods on the roads around DC there was plenty of opportunity to appreciate the redbud, greening trees, and watch spring arrive in a few hours. From the flowers and bare trees of Newark to the azaleas and fully green trees in Portsmouth, it was a gorgeous drive. Long, but gorgeous. Five hours stretched to more than six, but I talked to Dave until my phone ran out of charge. Listened to audible books until I tired of listening. And enjoyed peaceful, prayerful thoughts inbetween it all.

Had a lovely lunch with Ellen who I haven't seen in several years. What a delight! She is charming and beautiful and spiritually minded as ever. It was a delight just to listen to her thoughts and unfoldments. We had lunch at a lovely local seafood restaurant, Amory's, very close to the hotel. Had she-crab soup. Best ever, lots of crab, and scallops. Meant to take a walk, but one phone call after another. So finally went to dinner at 8:30 to KFC. Then walked outside the mall for 45 minutes in the dark. The security guy stopped and mentioned I was walking a lot but in a kind fatherly, I'm keeping an eye out for you way. It's nice to be back in the south. Hopefully tomorrow I'll have some time to get out and enjoy this warm weather. It was at least 90 today, but much cooler when I was walking at 9-10pm.

Finished the Poirot "Sad Cypress" read by David Suchet. He is an exquisite reader. The story was lovely. I'm recognizing some common threads and comments made by the author. She has definite views on the difference between thought and action, ie hating someone and doing something about it are two very different things. I can see why her stories remain popular. They deal with motive and thought, not just violence.

I need to do the laundry. Been putting it off. Where is David when I need him? He just makes these things go away while I take care of other things. I just have to bite the bullet tomorrow after the lecture. And had the intuition to check the Turkey reservations. Had a disconnect on the flights and hotels, missing a day of hotel, which I fixed. Thank you Father.

No comments: