Sunday 19 April 2009

Prep in NYC

What a delightful group, and a surprise. Maybe a dozen people in a small room on the fourth floor of this behemoth church which they have reconfigured for a company that does catering on the main floor. The prep was lively, full of joy. When I asked the question, What do you think the disciples did for ten days in the upper room? One of the first answers was "Dance!" To be quickly followed by "Sing!". Ah New York. First time I've gotten applause before I opened my mouth. They applauded when I was introduced. Fortunately they applauded after the prep too.

The committee took me to an amazing Italian restaurant around the corner from the church. Now if all Italian was like this, I'm a fan. Pane e Vino Restuarant 91 Lexintgon Ave between 61 and 62 St. I want to go again, already. Had delicious scallop and mussel entree with pasta, marvelous salad and tiramisu, best I've ever had, lovely mocha flavor. Can't wait to go back. Everything on the menu sounded good.

Wonderful conversation about fresh views and connecting with the spiritually minded, whereby they invited the waiter to the lecture. He's working, so I have him a Sentinel with the new card attached. He started looking at it and read an article while we were eating.

No comments: